Aller au menu Aller au contenu
Grenoble INP Institut d'ingénierie et de management

Grenoble Institute of Engineering and Management

> Academics > Coming to Grenoble INP

You are an exchange or double-degree student


You are an exchange student

It means your home university has signed an inter-institutional agreement with Grenoble INP and you are coming in the framework of an exchange programme (Erasmus, ORA...).


You are a double degree student


You are considered as an exchange student and you will be graduated in your home university and Grenoble INP.

  • Once admitted, you will need to register in one of our 8 schools, based on the degree you attend.
  • In the framework of the exchange program, you are expected to participate in your host school classes and lectures, and to undertake its exams and projects according to school rules, as French students do. You may choose your classes through the learning agreement  a document you have to fill and that must be validated by both your home institution and your host school.
  • At the end of your stay, you will receive a course transcript of records, an ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) grade and ECTS credits for followed classes.

Application procedure

Conditions :

  • Please, check with your local international office if your University and Grenoble INP Graduate schools of Engineering and Management, Université Grenoble Alpes have signed an exchange or doubledegree agreement.
  • You have to be nominated by your home university.

When to apply ?

  • Full academic year or Fall semester : From March 1st to April 30, 2021
  • Spring semester : From September 15 to November 10, 2021

Beware : Grenoble INP - Esisar does not accept students in Spring semester.

How to apply ?

  • Your home university sends directly by e-mail the list of their nominated students (with your name/surname, e-mail address, field of study, School of Grenoble INP in which you want to apply for).
  • The International Relations Office from Grenoble INP will send you the link to the application form with a copy to their coordinator and the School. Even you have already completed an application in your home university to study abroad you must also complete the Grenoble INP's application form : we do not accept any application sent by email.

The application campaign for Spring semester 2021-22 is now open.
The deadline for your application is November 10th, 2021

NOTE: Applications for exchanges do not cover internships or end of study projects. Please refer to this page for more information on the matter "You are a prospective intern, PhD, researcher or teaching faculty"

Supporting documents to be uploaded

(please provide a translation in English or in French)

  • Curriculum Vitae Resume
  • Cover letter
  • Copy of last degree obtained
  • List of past courses taken at Home University
  • List of courses currently taken in Home University
  • Academic transcript of records
  • Test (IELTS, TOEIC, etc…) or Language certificate
  • Recommendation letter from one of your Professor
  • Learning agreement
  • Letter from the Home University certifying that the student is allowed to study abroad through a mobility program.

Important information for non European students

You must apply as soon as possible to the CEF on-line procedure in order to obtain a student visa. It is compulsory for 51 countries (Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Qatar, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Vietnam). We highly recommend starting the procedure very early.

Date of update September 20, 2021

What is a Grande école exactly ?


For any questions you can contact us directly if you do not find your answer :
FB International       Twitter International
Grenoble INP Institut d’ingénierie et de management, Université Grenoble Alpes
Grenoble INP, Graduate schools of Engineering and Management
Université Grenoble Alpes

(Institut polytechnique de Grenoble)
46 avenue Félix Viallet
F38031 Grenoble Cedex 1 - France
Tel. : +33 4 76 57 45 00 - Fax. : +33 4 76 57 45 01
Université Grenoble Alpes