The NEREID project (“NanoElectronics Roadmap for Europe: Identification and Dissemination”) was officially launched on Nov. 30th, 2015 in Berlin (Germany) with its Kick-off meeting.
NEREID is a Cooperation and Support action that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 685559, with the objective to develop a roadmap for the European Nanoelecronics industry, starting from the needs of applications and leveraging the strengths of the European eco-system. In addition, it will aim to an early benchmark/identification of promising novel nanoelectronic technologies, and identify bottlenecks all along the innovation (value) chain.
Highlights of the NEREID project, which has a duration of three years, will be three general workshops aiming at gathering the needs of the application sectors, with experts from the fields of Energy, Automotive, Medical/Life science, Security, IoT/Smart connected objects, Mobile convergence, Digital Manufacturing. Specific workshops will define the roadmaps of the different technology sectors in the areas of More Moore, More than Moore, Beyond-CMOS, Heterogeneous Integration and System Design, Equipment and Manufacturing Science, with a broad involvement of leading experts from industry and academia.
As a first means of dissemination, NEREID held its first Workshop on December 1st, 2015, in the framework of the European Nanoelectronics Forum in Berlin, Germany. The presentation was attended by representatives of all the 13 project partners and co-partners and many other European actors in the field of Nanoelectronics.
Read more about the project on www.nereid-h2020.eu
and download the Mid-Term Roadmap of NEREID (Sept 2017) on https://www.nereid-h2020.eu/content/nereid-mid-term-roadmap-download !
- 2nd Review Meeting: June 29th, 2017, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium
- General Workshop 2: April 6th-7th, 2017, Athens, Greece (see agenda on https://www.nereid-h2020.eu/content/2nd-general-workshop)
- Meeting of the Steering Committee: January 12th, 2017, Paris, France
- Domain workshops are regularly organised, see on https://www.nereid-h2020.eu/nereid-domain-workshops.
- General Workshop 1 was organized by Grenoble INP and SINANO Institute on April 12-13, 2016 in Minatec, Grenoble, France, with the purpose to establish the dialogue between application and technology experts. About 50 international research and application experts participated to the successful event which produced rich and inspiring output!
Written by Sylvie Pitot
Date of update May 30, 2018