My thesis focuses on understanding the correlation between material microstructural properties and electrode performances. We use Electrostatic Spray Deposition (ESD) technique to deposite mixed ionic-electronic conductor (MIEC) material to be used as solid oxide fuel cell cathode working at intermediate temperatures. We also analyse the effect of microstructural parameters like porosity, tortuosity and surface area on the electrochemical performance by a 3D Finite Element Model.
Activities / Resume
PhD, Solid State Electrochemistry
University of Grenoble Alpes, France [2013-Present]
Master Degree, Erasmus Mundus - Material Science Exploiting Large Scale Facilities-MaMaSELF
University of Montpellier II, France [2012-2013]
University of Torino, Italy [2011-2012]
Bachelor's Degree, Chemistry
Middle East Technical University, Turkey [2006-2010]
PhD, LEPMI and SIMAP Laboratories in Grenoble INP [2013-Present]
Labelled Laboratory of excellence, CEMAM (The Centre of Excellence of Multifunctional Architectured Materials) sponsored by the National Research Agency
3 years of PhD on the investigation of the complex relationships between material properties, processing, micro/nano structure and electrode performance coupled with 3D FEM modelling
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Djurado
Msc, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, ID26 
Six months of full-time internship in accordance with master thesis subject on the investigation of stoichiometry and valence state of rare-earth doped ceria via high brilliant synchrotron radiation.
Supervisor: Dr. Pieter Glatzel
Msc, Chemistry and Crystallochemistry of Materials (C2M),
Univ. Montpellier II [2012-2013]
Master thesis on the investigation of the stoichiometry and valence states of ceria based compounds with varied concentration of rare earth-substituents and their influence on the oxygen mobility mechanism.
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Werner Paulus
Undergraduate Research, Conducting Polymers and their Applications Middle East Technical University [2009-2011]
Research on the effect of donor (D) and acceptor (A) units on the structure property relationships, design, synthesis, characterization and electropolymerization of D-A-D type polymer systems.
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Ahmet M. Onal
1. Celikbilek, O., Icli-Ozkut, M., Algi, F., Onal, A.M., Cihaner, A., Donor–acceptor polymer electrochromes with cyan color: Effect of alkyl chain length on doping processes, Org Electron, 13, 206-213, (2012).
2. Sar, J., Celikbilek, O., Villanova, J., Dessemond, L., Martin, C., Djurado, E., Three dimensional analysis of Ce0.9Gd0.1O1.95–La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3?? oxygen electrode for solid oxide cells, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 35, 2–10 (2015).
3. Celikbilek O., Jauffres D., Burriel M., Dessemond L., Martin C.L., Djurado E., A coupled experimental/numerical approach for tuning high-performing SOFC-cathode, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, to be submitted
1. 6th International Conference on Fundamentals and Development of Fuel Cells, FDFC, Toulouse, France, February 2015, Towards architectured SOFC electrodes: A study of micro/nano-structural evolution”, (oral) O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, L. Dessemond, E. Djurado and C. L. Martin
2. MAT4ENERGY Workshop, Grenoble, France, June 2014, Effect of sintering on the microstructural properties of a composite cathode for SOFC, (poster) O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, E. Djurado
3. Second International Workshop on Nano Materials for Energy Conversion, NMEC-2014, Vietnam, Nov. 2014, “Composite cathodes towards improved performances for IT-SOFC, (poster), O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, L. Dessemond, E. Djurado
National communications (France)
1. Colloque Labex CEMAM, Grenoble, France, January 2016, A coupled experimental/numerical approach for tuning high-performing SOFC-cathode, (poster) O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, C. Martin, E. Djurado
2. GdR-HySPàC-2015, Porticcio, France, October 2015, Microstructural control of electrochemical properties of innovative oxygen electrode for SOFCs: experimental vs modelling, (oral) O. Celikbilek, D. Jauffres, M. Burriel, L. Dessemond, C. Martin, E. Djurado
3. Congrès de la Société Chimique de France, SCF-2015, Lille, France, July 2015, A study of micro/nano-structural evolution of a composite cathode for SOFC, (poster) O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, L. Dessemond, E. Djurado
4. Journée de Printemps de la section Rhône-Alpes de la Société Chimique de France, Lyon, France, June 2015, Composite cathodes towards improved performances for IT-SOFC, (poster) O. Celikbilek, D. Jauffres, M. Burriel, L. Dessemond, C. Martin, E. Djurado
5. Journée de printemps Section Rhône-Alpes de la Société Chimique de France, Chambéry, France, June 2014, Micro/nano-structural evolution of a composite cathode for SOFC, (poster) O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, E. Djurado
6. Colloque Labex CEMAM, Grenoble, France, July 2014, Architectured electrodes for energy conversion: SOFCs, SOECs, (poster) O. Celikbilek, M. Burriel, C. Martin, E. Djurado