Aller au menu Aller au contenu

Institut polytechnique de Grenoble

Grenoble Institute of Engineering

> (EN) International > Coming to Grenoble INP

You are a prospective intern, PhD, researcher or teaching faculty

Apply for a lab internship

First, get in touch with one of our labs corresponding to your research interests.

As soon as your internship is accepted, the lab will need to send you an invitation letter. This letter will allow you to start administrative procedures. 

Health insurance and social security

Before your arrival at the lab, you will need a health insurance certificate (this must include sickness, repatriation, death...) as well as a civil liability insurance policy (which must be purchased in France). More information about health insurance and health in France.

If you are under 28, and your stay is longer than 3 months, please note that you will automatically need to pay French social security (around 210 €uros / year) + civil liability insurance (around 20 €uros / year).

Visas (for non-Europeans) :

Non-European citizens may need a visa to come to France. For more information about types of visas, how to apply, and personalised help, you can contact our International Students & Scholars Office.


Apply for a PhD

First, you must find a supervisor and be accepted as a PhD student. See the list of our laboratories.
Secondly, you will need to enrol in a doctoral school linked to the Université Grenoble-Alpes. Find out more about doing a PhD at the Université Grenoble Alpes.

Job offers at Grenoble INP

All offers are listed on our website : job offers at Grenoble INP.

For information about our teaching faculty recruitment, please contact  Human resources.


Date of update October 16, 2017

Univ. Grenoble Alpes